School fees

McCollies

Hi, i need some help can anyone tell me how much it costs to send ur Child to school when ur on a 457 visa for public school. Also has anyone ever not been able to get there child in?

Hi,

You are on completely the wrong thread here,

if you go to the forum box at the top of the screen and click into it you will get a list of thread topics to choose from, select the one you want and then click on to the -post new thread -option and away you go

Good luck

It depends on the state you're going to.

Only NSW and ACT impose fees I believe. In NSW it is $4500 per year, per child, and $5500 for years 11 and 12. I believe in ACT it is more.

I had thought schools weren't able to refuse entry if you lived in catchment even on a temporary visa, but someone on here knew of a school in Sydney that refused entry. I can only say that we live in catchment of an extremely popular school which is very strict about entry rules as a result, and it's no issue for them, never even been mentioned, so it's not a rule that's universally applied; actually I think it's rarely imposed

Hey there

You might also want to look at some of the private schools. My son is in a private secondary school and the fees are less than those quoted above for the state schools. We are not in a metropolitan area though so it is cheaper than the city. Good luck

Millie x

Hey there

You might also want to look at some of the private schools. My son is in a private secondary school and the fees are less than those quoted above for the state schools. We are not in a metropolitan area though so it is cheaper than the city. Good luck

Millie x

We are the same as Millie - it is cheaper for us to send our children to a Catholic school, so worth looking into. Watch out for the additional extras though .... but then you get those at government schools as well.

• 2 months later...

Hi Millie,

I am going oz on sub class 475 South Australia and has three kids 11, 6 and 4 i need to know how much fee you are giving for your kid and what is his age please??

i seached and monthly fees were much high it looks as if i have to work only pay their fees and i did nt get any authentic site for fees too.

Thanks in advance.

Annoisa

Hey there

Millie x

We have 2 kids in NSW who have been in state & private schools. In Public state schools in NSW on a 457 you will have to pay the $4,500 as indicated by Northshorepom, plus other costs of around $400 per year each for things like building funds, library costs etc. Best option is if you can get the company to pay for it. A private school may be comparable in fees but there are other hidden costs such as text books & the uniform can be expensive. Another expense can be the bus pass (applies to both schools), this will depend on a range of things though.

​To be honest i dn't know how the Aussies afford so many kids & school fees!

Archived